Healing Balm

 Hurting People Hurt Other People.

In my over 4 decades in this world; I have had the opportunity to meet so many people. Happy people, people that are hurting from past trauma ranging from abuse, loss of loved ones, victims of racism and prejudice among others. These people have something in common - emotional pain. 


Some people are wounded lions going about in their pain and in the process bruising and hurting people along the way. The problem with this negativity is that it creates more trauma. For example, studies have shown that people who were bullied become bullies themselves. Hence, the cycle continues! 


Conversely, life will be so good and enjoyable if everyone is happy with no trauma.  You can let go of your anger and pain. Forgive your abuser(s). Choose happiness instead of sadness and sorrow. Sadness makes people age quickly. Moreover, it's a gateway to sickness and diseases such as anxiety disorder, depression, hypertension among others.




When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.


Despite your past bad experiences and pain, you can choose your reaction and path in life. You can look at your scars and decide never to inflict such wounds on others. You can take comfort in God's love and become a source of healing and blessing to people with similar trauma to yours.


Healing Balm

The love of God brings salvation, healing, deliverance, peace, rest,  victory and many more.

"For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him".

John 3:16‭-‬17 NLT

Jesus came to rescue you from your sin and its wage which is death. He didn't come to the world to condemn you but rather to give you eternal life and rest in Him.

You can trade your pain, trauma and anxiety for the love of God. 

He cares for you!



Healing is in the word of God. Proverbs 4:22 describes God's word as healing and life. You can feed on the word of God and receive the healing balm that no one can give.


How can I have a relationship with God?

1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12

2.Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.

3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.

4.Forgive yourself and move on.  

Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].

2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP

5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.

6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.


Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen


©️ Eunice Oderinde



Comments

Popular Posts