Don't Overstay your Welcome!

Relationships are part of our lives. 

Some people become a part of our lives for one particular reason. Once the purpose is fulfilled, they leave. The relationship comes to a halt! An example is someone you work with on a project. Once the job is done, you say goodbye. You may or may never meet again.

The second category of people is those that are part of one's life for a season. For example, elementary/high school / college classmates. I haven't seen most of my high school classmates in almost 30 years. Such is life!

Another relationship is that which lasts for a lifetime. You know how the saying goes, "till death do us part." A marital relationship terminates after the death of one of the parties.

Knowing the purpose of a relationship helps one prepare for the outcome. Relationships can't be forced!

Know your boundaries!

Let go when the time is right!

Don't overstay your welcome!

The only relationship that lasts forever is that which one has with God. How's your relationship with God?

How can I have a relationship with God?

1. Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12

2. Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1 John 1:7-9.

3. Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.

4. Forgive yourself and move on.  

Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].

2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP

5. Read your Bible and pray every day.

6. Pray that God will lead you to a Bible-believing church and fellowship with them.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me, and I shall be saved. Heal me, and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul, and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours, Lord! In Jesus name, I pray. Amen


©️ Eunice Oderinde



Comments

Popular Posts