The Will of the Father

Jesus makes it clear that only those who do the will of the Father shall enter His kingdom.


Here's the question: what's the will of God? Again, Jesus explains that love is the fulfillment of God's commandments (the will of God). 

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 NKJV

When we love God, we'll do His will and stay away from what He doesn't want us to do. On the other hand, if we love our neighbors as ourselves, we will do good to them and not do anything that would hurt them.

The will of God is love ♥️

To love God and to love our fellow human beings.

The will of God is for us to trust in Him and not lean on our human understanding.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5‭-‬6 NKJV

The will of God is for us to reference Him. It's to worship Him only and not man-made god(s).

The will of God is for everyone to accept His love. 

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16 NKJV

How can I have a relationship with God?

1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12

2.Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.

3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.

4.Forgive yourself and move on.  

Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].

2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP

5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.

6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen


Jesus loves you!


©️ Eunice Oderinde




Comments

Popular Posts