Say NO to Substance Abuse

 ⚠️⚠️⚠️

According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Canada, 4 people are killed everyday in Canada 1,250-1,500 people die yearly and 63,000 injured due to drinking and driving. This Bible verse says it all. When people are under the influence, they forget the laws (including traffic laws).

Say NO to substance abuse; you can injure or kill yourself and or others if you don't. ⚠️⚠️⚠️

In addition to this, studies have shown that most of the crimes we see in our society are committed when people were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The Bible makes it clear that there is no way one can make a good decision when one is under the influence.
‬‬
 "Who has anguish? Who has sorrow? Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? It is the one who spends long hours in the taverns, trying out new drinks. Don’t gaze at the wine, seeing how red it is, how it sparkles in the cup, how smoothly it goes down. For in the end it bites like a poisonous snake; it stings like a viper". Proverbs 23:29-32 NLT

The reality is, people with alcohol and substance misuse started with one shot; and before they know it, they're 'hooked'. If you're are a parent, I suggest you tell your children not to try drugs or alcohol at all. The logic in this is if you don't start, you can't become an addict. If you're not an addict, you have a good chance of living your life without committing a crime. If you don't commit a crime you will not go to jail. If you don't go to jail, you will have the opportunity to discover and fulfill your purpose in life on time.... 
Please get help if you're struggling with any form of addiction.
God bless you!

You cannot achieve all the good things I mentioned above to the fullest if you don't have a relationship with God.

How can I have a relationship with God?

1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12
2.Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.
3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.
4.Forgive yourself and move on.  
Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].
2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP
5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.
6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

©️ Eunice Oderinde



Comments

Popular Posts