Another Generation

 Text: Judges 2:1-23

People worshipped God during the time of Joshua. Unfortunately, the generation after Joshua's generation did not know God. They did everything God instructed them not to do. They embraced the customs of the ungodly and worshipped their idols.


In the time of Joshua, the Israelites depended on God but the moment his generation transitioned into glory the next generation decided to do things their way. They followed their common sense. They did things the way pagans do things. They joined the world. They forgot about the God of their fathers.


Similarly, in my generation: growing up, brethren would trust God for everything - provision, spiritual growth, marital breakthrough, ministerial breakthrough, financial breakthrough, etc. No devout believer would trust in their understanding. They acknowledged God in all their endeavours. They were not ashamed of the gospel of Christ.


In contrast, when I look at the next generation, I see a mix-match. They borrowed kingdom principles and combined it with worldly principles. No wonder Jesus says ".... Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Luke 18:8 NKJV


God's Instructions 

Judges 2:2

  • Do not make any covenant with the people of the land.

  • Destroy their altars

Note: If you don't destroy what God asked you to destroy, it will become a snare to you.⚠️


What did the generation after Joshua's do wrong?

Judges 2:11-13; 16-23

  • They became accustomed to the sinful ways of the pagans ⚠️

  • They were drawn to the gods of their neighbors⚠️

  • They disobeyed God⚠️

  • They began to live like their neighbors⚠️ 

  • They refused to learn from their mistakes ⚠️

James 4:4; 1:27; 1John 2:15-17; Romans 12:2 NLT


Consequences of Disobedience to God

  • Confusion

  • Pain

  • Defeat

  • Bondage

  • Loss

  • Slavery

  • Condemnation

  • Temptation

Judges 2:3-5, 14-15; 1 Corinthians 11:32


God is compassionate, loving and merciful. Likewise, He is a just God. No man can withstand the wrath of God. Perhaps, you have disobeyed God's instructions; this is a wakeup call for you to repent now. Tomorrow may be too late!

Confess your inadequacies to God, repent and ask God to forgive you.


How can I have a relationship with God?

1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12

2.Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.

3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.

4.Forgive yourself and move on.  

Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].

2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP

5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.

6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.


Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen


©️ Eunice Oderinde Blog




Comments

Popular Posts