What is Love?


The choice of words is very important in our day to day conversations. Some words are used appropriately and some become useless when used incorrectly. It's ironic that one of the words that is often misused is one of the fundamental human needs - love. 'Love' is so overused in our society that it's loosing its value. People say  "I love my shoes"; "I love this, I love that" so often that we just go with the flow.



What's love? Does true love still exist? How can I find love or be loved for who I am?

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love is not jealous
Love is not boastful
Love is not proud
Love does not demand it's own way
Love is not irritable
Love does not keep record of wrongs
Love does not rejoice about injustice
Love rejoices when truth wins
Love never gives up
Love never looses faith
Love is always hopeful
Love endures through every circumstance
Love lasts forever!

1 Corinthians 13:4‭-‬8 NLT


Love is not lust! 

You fall into lust, you walk in love.
Lust looks for pleasure from others, love seeks the peace and comfort of others.
"No one has greater love [nor stronger commitment] than to lay down his own life for his friends."
John 15:13 AMP
Love is sacrificial - this is what Jesus did for you and me on the cross. He laid down His life for our sins.

We should stop looking for love in all the wrong places. Some people are bankrupt in the area of love; they don't have it and no one gives what they don't have.
God is love!
God is the only one who can connect you to that man or woman who will love you unconditionally. God knew you before you were formed in your mother's womb, He has a purpose for your life. He will take you to your expected end if you let Him.

How can I have a relationship with God?
1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12
2.Ask that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.
3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.
4.Forgive yourself and move on.  
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]."
2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP
5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.
6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.

Prayer


Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Jesus loves you!
https://euniceoderinde.blogspot.com/?m=1


Comments

Popular Posts