Jesus is Coming Soon

 I've been around for more than 40 years. I grew up hearing "Jesus is coming soon". My ancestors and my parents heard the same exhortation and warning in their time. Have you ever wondered why Jesus has not come?

"The Lord does not delay [as though He were unable to act] and is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is [extraordinarily] patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

2 Peter 3:9 AMP


Jesus is waiting for sinners to be saved that's why He hasn't come. This is not about what you can do but about the finished work of Jesus. His grace is available for you.

How can I have a relationship with God?

1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12
2.Ask that the blood of Jesus cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.
3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.
4.Forgive yourself and move on.
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]."
2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP
5.Read your Bible and pray everyday.
6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.
Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Important Information

Giving your life to Jesus does not mean you will not experience challenges in life. Infact, you may be persecuted because of your faith in Jesus. You may experience pain, temptations, trials, disasters, loss and so on. In the event that any of these things happen to you, know assuredly that He is with you. The difference between you and an unbeliever is God's promises - His presence and the ultimate reward which is eternity with Him in heaven.


 ©️ Eunice Oderinde








Comments

Popular Posts