What Money cannot Buy Part 3 (Joy)

I like talking to seniors. They've tour this world and are loaded with lots of experience. I want to tap from their wisdom anytime I have the opportunity to interact with them.

A few years ago, an elderly woman told me what joy means in their days.
J - Jesus
O - others
Y - you
Her experience of joy is putting Jesus first in everything, secondly, consider others before yourself. If you love God and others, your joy will have no bounds.

Joy is the absence of sorrow. It's a higher realm of happiness. The world cannot give this type of joy neither can it be bought with money. It's a God given gift to humanity but we don't seem to acknowledge it.
How can I experience this joy?
  • By asking the Giver of joy to come into your life
  • Through fellowship with God
  • By praying
  • By studying the word of God - Bible 
  • By putting God first, then others before yourself.
  • By living selfless life
  • Through service to God and others.

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus".
1 Thessalonians 5:16‭-‬18 NLT

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

https://euniceoderinde.blogspot.com/?m=1

Comments

Popular Posts