Did you know word is like an egg?

The elders in Yorubaland say word is like an unprotected egg, once dropped, it breaks. The force of acceleration exerted on the egg reaches an abrupt halt when the egg touches the ground thereby making it to break. So is word, once released, you might not be able to take it back. Oftentimes, we say "I take it back", however the person to whom the word is directed may never be the same again.



What do you say to yourself and others?
Do your words make you and others or cause damage?
Did you know you will give account of your words, actions and inactions to God one day?

"And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.  The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.”
Matthew 12:36‭-‬37 NLT

Before you speak, send that test or email, check, is it...
T- True
H- Helpful
I- Inspiring
N- Necessary
K- Kind
If what you want to say or write does not pass the 'T.H.I.N.K' test, then don't say it!

"Let your speech always be  with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."
Colossians 4:6 NKJV



How can I have a relationship with God?
1.Confess your sins to God. Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12
2.Ask that the blood of Jesus cleanse you from all your sins. Hebrew 9:22, 1John 1:7-9.
3.Ask Jesus to come and reign in your life.
4.Forgive yourself and move on.  
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life]." 2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP
5.Read your Bible and pray at all times.
6.Pray that God will lead you to a Bible believing church and fellowship with them.

Prayer


Lord Jesus, I come to you today; save me and I shall be saved. Heal me and I shall be healed. Forgive me of all my sins (confess them). Have mercy on me. Come and be the Lord over my spirit, soul and body. Help me not to go back to my old way of life - give me a new beginning. I am yours Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen

https://euniceoderinde.blogspot.com/?m=1


Comments

Popular Posts